Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Emrie Isabella

On February 16th 2008 our lives changed forever. We introduced Emrie Isabella Struttmann to the world. After 23 hours of labor, an emergency c-section, and some complications we had a beautiful baby girl. I remember the first time they brought her to my room from the special care unit, I held her in my arms, and told her how beautiful she was, and she smiled. From there we have had the greatest time together. I now understand the immense love that a parent can have for a child, it is the most amazing and scary thing. As she lays in my arms sleeping while I am typing this (its not easy) I am overwhelmed that God would entrust me with such an amazing spirit. Along with Carl she is my everything. I pray everyday that I can raise her right. She is so beautiful and perfect. Emrie, If you get the chance to read this some day I want you to know that I love you so much, I would do anything for you, I will mess up from time to time, but I'll do my best to make you happy. We might get in arguments and you might tell you hate me, but no matter what I'll always be there for you and I love you so much... there will be a day when you will understand what I feel now, when you look at your first baby, until then and forever: I love you Em!

2 comments:

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Hey guys! I was just blog stalking (as Aaron would put it), and found you guys on Brian and Bobbie's page. Hope you guys are doing well!

kylie said...

oh man, 23 hours of labor...ouch! how's the family coming along now? you need to update this blog audrey, i wanna see pictures :)